Level 1 Proficiency Assessment (Theory & Practical)
Did you previously take a level 1 sailing course, and would like a refresher? Didn’t you get your sailing proficiency certificate the last time round?
We are running a Level 1 Proficiency Assessment in conjunction with each run of our Adult Basic Sailing Course (BSC).
a. Theory Assessment
– 30-minute theoretical assessment paper on boat parts, sailing terminology, weather & tide, basic rules, safety at sea, etc.
b. Practical Assessment
1. Able to rig a dinghy on land & name the parts of the boat and their functions
2. Able to launch and return to shore in a seaman-like manner
3. Able to sail one class of dinghy on all points of sail in wind conditions of up to 10 knots
4. Able to perform heave-to
5. Able to upright a capsized dinghy
6. Knows the requirements of personal & boat safety
7. Able to demonstrate the use of these knots: a figure of 8, reef, bowline, sheet bend, clove hitch, round turn and 2 half hitches.
9.30am – 5.30pm
1 day refresh, 1 day assessment
* Dates may be subject to change!
Singapore Sailing Federation
1500 East Coast Parkway
National Sailing Centre
*Price inclusive of GST
For more information & to register please click below
There’s something about sailing that makes it quite unlike other sports. More than just skill and strategy, it teaches certain values that shape sailors into the unique athletes that they are.
Have any questions? Drop us a message below.