Opti Junior is the first step in introducing sailing to kids aged 7 to 12. Exposing them to the Sun and the sea in a safe and exciting new environment, where they will build confidence and independence through fun lessons and games. In this program, the kids will learn to sail in pairs on an optimist boat, forge teamwork, discover how boats work, navigate through the wind and encounter sea creatures in the environments around them. That is a great way to make new friends and away from digital gadgets!
If you have any enquiries or you couldn’t find any course that fits your child’s schedule, do drop us an email.
For more information on the course syllabus for Opti Junior, click here.
At the end of this course, you will...
- Be able to sail on your own
- Know the various parts and functions of a sailboat
- Learn and apply useful rope and knot techniques
- Understand basic sailing rules while out in the water
- Develop the confidence and control over the boat at sea
10 sessions conducted over four days (9:30am – 5:00pm) or five weekends (9:30am – 12:30pm)
Upcoming Course Dates
For Opti Junior (Half Day Programme) course dates, click here.
For Opti Junior (Full Day Programme) course dates, click here.
Singapore Sailing Federation
1500 East Coast Parkway
National Sailing Centre
Singaporean – $475.83 (SGD)
PR/Foreigner – $570.95 (SGD)
price includes taxes
- Able to swim for 50 metres with a Personal Flotation Device (PFD)
- Min 7 years old (after birthday)