19 June 2020
RESUMING SAILING ACTIVITIES DURING PHASE 2
Following the announcement by the Multi-Ministry Taskforce on 15th June 2020, Phase 2 of the country’s reopening from the Circuit Breaker will begin from 19th June 2020. Sailing activities will be able to resume but under some necessary control measures during this period.
2. Sport Singapore has been engaging Singapore Sailing Federation on the safe management measures for sailing and the endorsed safe management plans will be published on Sport Singapore website: http://circle.myactivesg.com/ssi/safe-return-to-sport from 19 June onwards.
3. Clubs and marinas are required to follow these measures when carrying out sailing training activities during this period. The full document can be found here.
4. For sailing activities held at the National Sailing Centre, the respective program coordinators will contact squad member / participants via email or whatsapp. Please read Annex 1 – Advice for Sailors and Parents visiting National Sailing Centre before attending your sailing session.
5. Please note that running of events and regattas regardless of size is still not permitted during this period.
6. We wish to remind everyone to continue to practice safe habits while we transition back to sailing and to pay extra attention to water safety after being away the last few months. `
7. Thank you and see you on the water soon!
Tan Thong Meng